Cocaine and Meth Defense Attorney in Phoenix
Have you been charged with possession or dealing cocaine or methamphetamine?
Defending Cocaine and Methamphetamine Charges
Possession, cultivation and sale of Illegal substances are serious offenses with severe consequences. An experienced Phoenix drug attorney familiar with the laws can help you navigate the court system and ensure that you receive fair treatment and the best possible outcome in your case. Some of the factors that may affect your charges include:
- Amount of possession. While small levels of controlled substances may be treated lightly, large amounts can lead to more severe charges and less room for negotiation in sentencing.
- Which drug is involved. Some drugs are considered to be more dangerous than others, and the punishments reflect these perceived differences. Drug charges can involve anything from from prescription medications to illegally manufactured methamphetamine.
- Intent to sell. Intent to distribute controlled substances, which can be inferred from possession of large amounts of drugs, certain paraphernalia or witness testimony, carries much harsher penalties than possession alone, particularly in cases where minors are involved.
- Criminal record. First offenses often receive lighter sentences, while prior convictions can lead to more severe consequences.
Choose a defense attorney who knows the law and can determine whether your case is eligible for lighter treatment. A drug conviction can carry serious consequences that follow you for a lifetime. You need a strong legal defense to protect your rights.
This is David Black from the Law Offices of David A. Black. Today I’m discussing drug sales, in particular the sale of methamphetamine . . .
Phoenix Cocaine & Methamphetamine Defense Lawyer
The state of Arizona has a variety of alternatives in place to deal with crimes involving cocaine and methamphetamine. The circumstances of your case will determine which path through the legal system is deemed most appropriate. Possible outcomes include:
- Drug courts. Arizona has established a special system to process some of the less serious drug offenses. First-time offenders in possession of a small amount may be able to avoid criminal charges by completing rehabilitation programs and agreeing to probationary terms.
- Misdemeanors. Smaller amounts of possession can also result in the shorter jail sentences and smaller fines of a misdemeanor charge.
- Felony charges. Serious drug offenses, including all instances of sales, can carry serious felony consequences including extended prison sentences, steep monetary fines and the loss of some basic constitutional rights.
Your strongest defense against drug charges is hiring a Phoenix drug lawyer specializing in these types of crimes. David A. Black has represented clients in cases of possession, sale, trafficking and more involving marijuana, heroin, crack, cocaine, prescription drugs and methamphetamine. He is familiar with the unique constitutional and other legal issues that often surround cases of this nature.
You will also benefit from Mr. Black’s diverse legal background. With experience on both the prosecution and defense sides of the legal system, he brings knowledge of the strategies and techniques that the state may use in your case. When you have the Law Offices of David A. Black on your side, you can rest assured that you are well-represented, and that Mr. Black will do everything in his power to achieve the best possible result in your case.
Contact us today to discuss the details of the charges against you and allow us to begin formulating a plan for your defense. You can reach The Law Offices of David A. Black to schedule your free consultation via his website, by phone at (480) 280-8028 or at the office located at 40 North Central Ave., Suite 1850, Phoenix, Arizona, 85004.