Identity Theft Defense Attorney
Have you been charged with identity theft?
Factors in Identity Theft Cases
In order to be convicted in an identity theft case, the prosecutor generally must prove that you:
- Knowingly obtained personal information. This information may come in the form of physical property, digital information or memorization of numbers. It can also apply to illegally manufactured products such as checks or credit cards.
- Without consent. You may be able to prove that this information was voluntarily or legally provided and authorized for your use.
- Intent to use. The prosecution must prove that you either intended to obtain or use this information unlawfully or to cause a loss to the victim. Actual loss is not a necessary element of the offense.
There are many other examples of identity theft. They include, among other things, using another individual’s information for the purpose of gaining or maintaining employment in the state of Arizona.
Having the right attorney could make the difference between a conviction and a dismissal in your case.
Phoenix Identity Theft Crimes
Identity theft is a felony, and the consequences can be serious. Choosing the right attorney to represent you can make the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Attorney David A. Black has a proven track record, a diverse legal background, and the commitment to put his client’s needs first. Count on him for his:
- Experience. Having worked in the prosecutor’s office, a downtown law firm and his own private practice devoted to criminal defense, Mr. Black has the ability to examine your case from all sides. This balanced perspective will help him develop a defense that provides you with the greatest degree of protection.
- Personal attention. His private practice emerged from a desire to provide his clients with the attention they deserve from their lawyer. Your legal defense will reflect this dedication and provide accessibility that will keep you informed every step of the way.
- Commitment to Quality. David A. Black is committed to offering a quality defense to each and every one of the firm’s clients. Hard work, dedication and loyalty are central to this commitment.
Contact Mr. Black today to discuss your options. You can schedule your free consultation by calling (480) 280-8028.