Internet Crimes Lawyer in Phoenix
Have you been charged with an internet related crime? Contact us today!
Internet crimes are quickly becoming some of the most prevalent charges being brought in America. Fighting these accusations successfully requires an experienced Phoenix criminal lawyer familiar with the intricacies of the laws associated with internet crimes.
Types of Internet Crimes
Mr. Black can help you formulate a strong legal defense against:
- Financial crimes. With so much of our shopping, banking and investment activity taking place digitally, crimes like identity theft, fraud and embezzlement often stem from internet activity.
- Illegal sharing of information. Copyright law can also be involved when it comes to illegal downloading and file sharing.
- Online sex crimes. The internet is also home to crimes of a more predatory nature, including pornography, and offenses involving minors.
While the level and seriousness of internet crimes vary, a proper defense requires an attorney who understands issues of privacy, intent and the burden of proof, as well as the complexities of the internet itself. Mr. Black is an experienced Phoenix criminal attorney who will examine the details of your case and formulate an appropriate plan of attack to address the charges being brought against you.
Because of the broad scope of Internet crimes, the possibilities for punishment range from relatively minor to extremely severe. They can include:
- Jail time. Many white-collar Internet crimes can be charged as felonies, requiring a period of time spent behind bars. You need an attorney dedicated to maintaining your freedom.
- Monetary penalties. Court-imposed fines, restitution and court costs resulting from an internet crime conviction can mount up to a substantial sum.
- Sex offender registration. In certain cases of pornography or soliciting a minor, a guilty verdict could lead to disastrous consequences. Registering as a sex offender can limit your professional options, alienate you from your community, and create a stigma that will follow you for the rest of your life.
- Damage to your reputation. Any criminal conviction can become a nagging black mark on your personal record. You may be required to disclose this information in various personal or professional settings.
The potential consequences are severe. Hire an internet crimes lawyer for your defense.
Defending Internet Crimes
Charged with an Internet crime? Call us today for a free consultation. Contact The Law Offices of David A. Black today via his website, by phone at (480) 280-8028 or at the office located at 40 North Central Ave., Suite 1850, Phoenix, Arizona, 85004.