Defending a Manslaughter Charge
Are you facing a manslaughter charge? If so, it’s time to get help. This is a serious felony, and top legal representation is necessary if you want to protect your rights. Manslaughter in Arizona is defined as recklessly causing death. “Recklessly” is defined as being aware of a potential danger and ignoring it. Although it is a charge that is usually seen as less severe than the crime of murder, a manslaughter conviction in the state of Arizona can still carry a sentence of years in prison. Arizona citizens charged with this crime would be well-advised to hire an experienced Phoenix criminal lawyer as soon as possible.
While all these crimes are serious, not all manslaughter charges are the same.
Variations in Manslaughter Charges
There are several different types of manslaughter charges in Arizona:
- Recklessly causing another person’s death.
- Committing second degree murder in the heat of passion or as the result of provocation.
- Providing another person with the means of committing suicide.
- Committing second degree murder by being coerced through threats of deadly force by another person.
- Either intentionally or knowingly causing the death of a fetus by injuring the mother.
Whatever the facts are in your case, get legal help as soon as possible.
The Law Offices of David A. Black
If you are charged with any of these crimes, you need an experienced lawyer in your corner. Manslaughter is a serious felony. You have a lot at stake, and it is therefore important that you hire an attorney with the ability, legal background, and commitment to best serve your interests. At the Law Offices of David A. Black, we can help. Call us today at (480) 280-8028 for a free consultation.